Hi there! Today I’ll show you how to make a cute picture frame that will remind you of the beach and holidays every time you look at it! I made this while doing craft with my little brother one day, he started by decorating a jar lid with sand and shells which inspired me to decorate a picture frame in the same way. Once I had completed this project (and long after my brother had got bored with it), I also printed and decorated a little quote to frame inside so I could give it as a birthday present to someone. This post was not published on time because I have been very busy this past month or so and haven’t found the time to blog! Anyway, here’s the post:
What you’ll need:
- a light coloured picture frame (I only had a dark one so I painted it white)
- wood glue
- a variety of sea shells
- a hot glue gun and glue
- a camera (to record the pattern of sea shells)
- Spray picture varnish
How to make it:
- To start take off the back off the frame and set aside. Past wood glue on a section of the frame, sprinkle some sand on top and press down gently. Continue to cover the rest of the frame and leave to dry. Once dry, shake the frame to get rid of any loose sand. Repeat this process again so the base of the frame can not be seen.
- Place your shells on the frame in the way you would like to glue them down. Take a picture of this and place the shells next to the frame. Heat up the glue gun and proceed to glue the shells in place. With heavy or large shells some additional wood glue may be needed to reinforce the hot glue. To check if all the shells are in place, turn the frame upside down and look for any loose parts.
- When you are satisfied with the frame, spray it with a picture varnish in a ventilated area following the instructions on the can. Repeat twice to fully secure.
- Insert a picture or quote and voila! You’re done!
Thanks for reading! Please comment below and follow my blog if you liked it!