This morning there was a request in my house for someone to please bake something nice for morning tea so, I got out our chocolate almond biscuit recipe and made some of these yummy biscuits. Since some people are gluten and dairy free I had to substitute the normal self raising flour for the gluten free stuff, but the beauty of this recipe is that it is already dairy free!
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla extract
2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
Approx. 1 cup of whole almonds (to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced) and prepare two trays by placing baking paper onto each.
- In a medium sized bowl beat the eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla, untill they are well combined.
- Gradually mix in the sifted cocoa and flour.
- On a lightly dusted surface roll out some of the dough to an approximate 5mm thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter of your choice cut the dough and place it onto the prepared trays. Take some whole almonds and place one in the centre of each biscuit or create a pattern of your own with several.
- Place the biscuits into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy and see you next week!